Cast : Dharmendra, Sanjeev Kumar, Hema Malini, Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bhaduri, Amjad Khan, Asrani
Director : Ramesh Sippy
Music : Rahul Dev Burman
Lyrics : Anand Bakshi
Year : 1975
Sholay means fire. In this particular movie, a Police Officer, who family was killed by a bandit named Gabbar Singh, decides to fight fire with fire and recruits two convicts, Jai and Veeru. He approaches them in jail, puts the proposal in front of them, and they agree to bring in Gabbar Singh alive – for a hefty price. After their discharge from jail, they travel by train to the village where the Police Officer lives – now with only his widowed daughter-in-law. The three band together to fight one of the most elusive and dreaded bandits of all time. Will the two ex-cons be able to bring Gabbar alive to the Police Officer?
A retired police officer, Thakur Baldev Singh gets two convicts, Jaidev and Veeru, to capture Gabbar Singh, a bandit chief who has been terrorizing the small village of Ramgarh. Gabbar had massacred Thakur’s entire family and even had his arms cut off. Unable to take revenge himself, Thakur Baldev Singh recruits Veeru and Jaidev, both small time crooks. Both agree to capture Gabbar Singh live and hand him over to Baldev Singh. Things do not go as planned. Veeru falls for the local horse carriage driver Basanti; and Jai starts to have romantic feelings for Baldev Singh’s widowed daughter-in-law, Radha. To make matters worse, Gabbar has sworn to kill both Jai and Veeru, and holds Basanti as a hostage, to lure them to him. But Jaidev and Veeru was so clever that no bandit could outwit the two.
- Alcohol breath tester – Be safe during driving One day I had a can of beer in a pub and was going home in the evening. The police officer stopped me and asked if I was drunk. I...
- Ghayal Cast : Sunny Deol, Meenakshi Seshadri, Raj Babbar, Moushmi Chatterjee, Amrish Puri Director : Rajkumar Santoshi Music : Bappi Lahiri Lyrics : Anjaan, Indivar Year : 1990 Ajay Mehra leaves...
- Mujhe Jeene Do Cast : Sunil Dutt, Waheeda Rehman Director : Moni Bhattacharjee Music : Jaidev Lyrics : Sahir Ludhianvi Year : 1963 Mujhe Jeene Do, is a classic dacoit drama, from the...
- The Legend of Bhagat Singh Bhagat Singh (Punjabi March 23, 1931) was an Indian freedom fighter, considered to be one of the most influential revolutionaries of the Indian independence movement. He is often referred to...
- Namak Haraam Cast : Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh Bachchan, Rekha, Simi Garewal, A.K. Hangal, Asrani Director : Hrishikesh Mukherjee Music : Rahul Dev Burman Lyrics : Anand Bakshi Year : 1973 Somnath (Somu)...
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.