India’s GDP growth matter of concern: Anand Sharma
Union commerce and industry minister Anand Sharma said today that slowdown in the country’s GDP growth was a matter of concern and he would hold detailed discussions with finance minister Pranab Mukherjee in this context next week.
Asked if GDP projections for 2011-12 would be revised, he said he would not like to comment prematurely.
“Yes, the slowdown is a matter of concern”, he told reporters, adding, “We are reviewing it”. Next week, he has proposed to hold discussions with the finance minister in detail.
“Unless and until more capacities are added, we will not be able to sustain (GDP growth). India has no option but to sustain high level growth considering our challenges and needs,” Sharma said.
He said in the last 6-7 months alone, food inflation has increased by 32%.
Sharma said India imported petroleum products worth $106 billion last year when the price of crude oil was hovering between $45 and $55 per barrel. Now these prices crossed $120 per barrel and these were real concerns, he said.
The Minister said he would take up with US officials issues regarding H1 and B1 visas during his visit to Washington later this month.
“We are against restrictive practices,” he said, adding that, countries should fully honour WTO commitments.
- India Has Small Share Of World’s Vegetable Export: Sharma Despite accounting for 15 per cent of world’s vegetable production, India has a relatively low, around 1.5 per cent, global share of export of veggies.This is due to large domestic...
- Anand Cast : Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh Bachchan Director : Hrishikesh Mukherjee Music : Salil Choudhury Lyrics : Gulzar Year : 1971` A melodramatic tale of a man with a terminal disease....
- Funds stashed abroad curbing country’s growth, says profesor of IIM -Bangalore The tendency of Indians to stash away their earnings abroad is one of the major obstacles to the country’s growth, Prof R Vaidyanathan of the Indian Institute of Management -Bangalore...
- RBI May Have To Take A Pause To Push Growth The Indian market has seen a bull to bear run in three short months. The market conditions today are unlike what we saw in 2008. 2008 was a global black...
- Brand strategies- How you can matter for them ? Yes , Is it real that big brands need a common person ? I think so, at every nook and corner in globalized world we decide and affect brands ....
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.