Zuckerberg’s Sister Leaves Facebook To Start Own Social Media Firm
Facebook’s director of marketing, Randi Zuckerberg, sister of the social network’s billionaire-founder, Mark Zuckerberg, is leaving her brother’s company to start her own social media consulting firm.
Randi, who has been with Facebook for the last six years, said she felt it was the “perfect time” to move outside Facebook to build a company focused on the “exciting trends underway in the media industry”.
“I have decided my time at Facebook is coming to a close. When I think about the projects I am most proud of during my six years at the company, they all have one thing in common—they revolve around the intersection of traditional media and social technology,” she said.
Facebook confirmed the departure, and in a statement said, “We can confirm Randi has decided to leave Facebook to start her own company. We are all grateful for her important service.” There was no direct comment from her brother, Mark.
Randi plans to start a social media consulting firm ‘RtoZ Media’. “My goal is to launch my own innovative programming and work with media companies to develop their programming in new and more social ways. In attacking this challenge, Facebook would clearly be a central element in all of my projects,” she said, adding she hoped to continue advising Facebook on media projects.
According to her resignation letter posted on the website ‘AllThingsD’, Randi said she focussed on innovating and pushing the media industry forward by introducing new concepts around live, social, participatory viewing.
“We have made incredible progress, but there is still much to be done and there are other ways through which I can affect change.”
A prominent name in Silicon Valley, Randi was on maternity leave for the last three months. She was recently nominated for an Emmy award in the category of live coverage of a current news event for her work on ‘Facebook Live’, a real-time news show she created and hosted for the company.
- Pooja Batra’s Glow Bell Inc. Teams Up With Intact Info Solutions to Launch 2011 Social Media Campaign Glow Bell Inc., founded by internationally acclaimed model and actress Pooja Batra facilitates collaborative productions between Hollywood and Bollywood. In 2010 Glow Bell introduced LA Casting and ModelWire to the...
- How Schools Could Use Social Media How Schools Could Use Social Media” and this reminded me of something I had thought of some time ago. Lets face it, kids nowadays love social networking websites and there...
- 2009: the Year of Twitter and Facebook Twitter, fueled by smartphones and online bursts of 140 characters, soared to lofty heights over the past year while Facebook eclipsed MySpace to become the world’s leading social network. “Those...
- Facebook Vs Orkut…. Facebook is becoming popular in India,the growth of facebook in India is tremendous this year. When it comes to social networking in India,Orkut was the major player since 2006 because...
- How To Combine All Your IM, Emails And Social Networks? Now a day we have plenty of options on internet. If we want to use Instant Messenger, we have Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, MSN, ICQ etc. For mail service, we...
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.